Special People Section - Elizabeth Punt, a daughter of Martha Ann Pickingill, a granddaughter of George Pickingill
To return to the Pickingill Index Page To go to Home Web Page
Elizabeth Punt ( 1882 ? )
33. ELIZABETH PUNT was born ca. 1882 in West Thurrock, Essex.
Father: William Punt
Mother: Martha Ann Pickingill (No. 14)
In 1891, Elizabeth Punt, age 9, scholar, was living with her parents at 40 Charles Street in Grays Thurrock, Essex. Her Uncle, Frederick Pickingale, was living with them.
From the 1891 Census of Grays Thurrock, Essex, we find the following:
40 Charles Street
Name - Relationship Married or Single Age Sex Profession Birthplace
William Punt Head
M 38 M
General Labourer Employed Essex
Martha A Do Wife M 34 F Do Rochford
Alice Do Daur 10 F Scholar Do West Thurrock
Elizabeth Do Daur 9 F Do Do Do
William G Do Son 5 M Do Do Grays
Martha A Do Daur 9 mo F Do Do
Frederick Pidkingale Brother in law S 30 M General Labourer Employed Do Rochford
In 1901, Elizabeth Punt, age 17, was a servant in the household of Albert J. Connaberc who runs an Art Master School at Rozel Avenue in Prittlewell, Essex.
From the 1901 Census of Prittlewell, Essex, we find the following:
Albert J. Connaberc Head M 38 M Art Master School own account Devon Plymouth
Emma M. Do Wife M 38 F Pembroke Pembroke
Leonard A. Do Son S 12 M Essex Grays
Horace R. Do Son S 9 M do do
Cecil R. Do Son S 6 M do do
Elizabeth Punt Serv S 17 F servant (domestic) do West Thurrock
Elizabeth Punt married WALTER FELLINGHAM in 1906.
From the England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes, we find the following Marriage entry from the Indexes:
Punt / Walter Fellingham
Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar (1st Quarter)
Volume: 4a Page: 653
In 1911, Walter and Elizabeth Fellingham were living at 18 Rampart Street, Shoeburyness, Essex. Walter was a General Labourer.
From the 1911 Census of Shoeburyness, Essex, we find the following:
Address - 18 Rampart Street Shoeburyness
Number of Rooms in this Dwelling - 5
Signature - Walter Fellingham
Name - Relationship - Age - Sex - Married or Single - Years Married - Children born alive - Children living - Children died - Profession Birthplace
30 M Married
Elizabeth Fellingham Wife 29 F Married 5 1 1 - West Thurrock
Doris Lillie Fellingham Daughter 4 ½ years F Shoeburyness
Walter Fellingham father in law 73 M Widower Bakewell Derbyshire
From a letter dated May 23, 1915, that was enclosed in Walter Fellinghams World War I Service records, we learned of one of his employment.
Southchurch Buckfield Shoeburyness May 23 / 15
This is to certify that Walter Fellingham was employed by me for two years and he is a good sober and industrious man. he has been used to horses.
Yours [ ]
33 Wakering Avenue Shoeburyness
In 1915, Walter Fellingham, a Blacksmith, enlisted to serve the military in World War I. From Walters British Army World War I Service records, we have the following information.
Name: Walter Fellingham
Address: 18 Rampart St Shoeburyness Esse
British Subject: yes
Age: 34 Years 5 Months
Trade: Blacksmith [ma-]
He signs his name Walter Fellingham
He signed up at Southend 24th day of May 1915
Height 5 feet 4 inches, Eyes Blue
Name and Address of next of kin: Lizzie Fellingham, 18 Rampart St, Shoeburyness, Essex Relationship - Wife
Christian and Surname of Woman whom married - Elizabeth Punt
Place and date of marriage: 24 Feb 1906 [Gt] Sutton church Sutton Essex
Children, Name: Doris Lily Date and Place of Birth: 11 June 1906 Shoeburyness
1915 May 26 -- Joined at Romsey
1915 Sept 14 -- Romsey Depot Appointed Shoeing Smith Pte
1916 Nov 8 -- Remounts D Proceeded overseas (M. E. F.) Pte
1916 Nov 8 -- Ex Force MEF Salonika Via France
1916 Nov 8 to 1919 Mar 2 -- Ex Force Salonica
1919 Mar 3 to 1919 Mar 4 -- En Route to Home
1919 June 20 -- Discharged A A Coy Remounts R A S C
Walter Fellingham served in World War I as a Shoeing Smith from 1915 to 1919. He spent the entire war with the Expeditionary Force in Salonica. His service ended on June 20, 1919.
From the war, he suffered some deafness that was aggravated.
CHILDREN OF WALTER AND ELIZABETH (PUNT) FELLINGHAM:
52. DORIS LILY FELLINGHAM was born June 11, 1906 in Shoeburyness, Essex according to the fathers British Army WWI Service records.
In 1911, Doris Lillie Fellingham, age 4 1/2, was living with her parents in Shoeburyness, Essex (see above under the parents for census details).
1. 1891 Census of England, Essex, Grays Thurrock, District 15, Image No. 36, Ancestry.com. Public Record Office reference: RG 12 / 1377, Original Page No. 36, No. of Schedule 201, Household of William Punt. December 2, 2008 Tuesday 7:52 PM.
2. 1901 Census of England, Essex, Prittlewell, District 22, Image No. 31, Ancestry.com. Public Record Office reference: RG 13 / 1681, Original Page No. 31, Stamped Page No. 65, No. of Schedule 194, Elizabeth Punt in the household of Albert J. Connaberc. February 4, 2009 Wednesday 7:21 PM.
3. Civil Registration Index, Marriage of Elizabeth Punt and Walter Fellingham, 1st Quarter (Jan-Feb-Mar), Year 1906, District Rochford, County Essex, Volume 4a, Page 653. Searched April 18, 2009 Saturday 6:59 PM.
4. 1911 Census of England, Essex, Shoeburyness, No. of Schedule 191, Household of Walter Fellingham. http://www.1911census.co.uk. April 18, 2009 Saturday 6:29 PM.
5. British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920, F, Fe, Fel, Image Nos. 5010-5020 Ancestry.com. Walter Fellingham. May 16, 2009 Saturday 3:58 PM.
Last updated May 16, 2009 Saturday 7:45 PM
Researched and Compiled by William Wallworth
PO Box 24768 San Jose, CA 95154-4768 USA
© 2005 - 2009 Deadfamilies.com All rights reserved